A big thank you to the very lovely Shannon from Forty Up for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award, along with 4 other bloggers.
In a nutshell, the Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers, by fellow bloggers, as a way of recognising your blog and a way to connect and discover other amazing blogs out there.
I’ve only been doing this blogging thing for a few months and I have loved every moment of it. I love writing about something that really floats my boat and the support and encouragement I have received from fellow bloggers has been wonderful. I’m discovering some amazingly talented writers and lovely souls.
A few rules that come with the nomination are:
1. Link back and recognise the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer ten questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate ten other bloggers for the award.
4. Create ten questions for nominees to answer.
5. Notify your nominees.
6. Get an award button and display it proudly.
So here goes…..
1. Your ultimate top 5 dinner party guests, dead or alive
Dave Grohl (we could talk music all night)
Hilary Clinton (thought I’d get in before her schedule gets too busy as the next President)
Jenson Button (Formula One driver, all round nice guy and super spunk)
Jim Henson (genius creator of The Muppets)
Tina Fey (smart and funny as)
Handy Hubby said he was surprised he wasn’t on the list. He can be the waiter.
2. Harry, Ron or Hermoine?
Hermoine – smart, strong and loyal. I know she’s not real but in a world full of Nicki Minaj, Miley Cyrus and other female celebrities who promote themselves by gyrating and wearing very little, young girls need more role models like Hermoine.
3. Fave place to shop online?
That’s a tough one! There are some fantastic online stores. I probably order the most from Bookworld (books make great gifts – if in doubt, give a book!).
4. Your personal style in 3 words
Non existent – wait, that’s two words. How about “these old rags?”.
5. Fave drink?
This was a tough one – coffee, tea, peach iced tea, wine or caprioskas. In the end I’ll go with wine. Big bold reds, crisp whites and the lovely bubbles of a good sparkling make me happy.
6. Fave place to have that drink!
Any balcony at a villa on Rottnest Island – in the company of my Handy Hubby and good friends (preferably once the kids are asleep).
7. #1 bucket list holiday destination?
Vail in Colorado – as much as I would love to lie on a beach in Mexico or gallivant around the south of France, there’s something about the snow that I just love. Since having the tornadoes, my snowboard has gathered a lot of dust and there’s not much likelihood of it snowing in Perth, Western Australia. Once the kids are a bit older and I can summon up the courage to endure a plane flight with them, we’ll head to find the best powder snow we can. It will be tough to beat Japan but I think Vail might just do it.
8. What’s on your coffee table?
At the moment, nothing. Mr TT has thrown all the items on the ground next to the coffee table. If I was to document the items on the ground, you would find:
- Tonight’s bedtime reading for the kids “We’re Going On A Bear Hunt” and two of the Peppa Pig Ladybird first reader books “Little Creatures” and “Sports Day”
- The Official BBC Sport Guide to Formula One 2014 (Handy Hubby and I are big F1 fans – go Daniel Ricciardo!)
- Western Australia HOME Design + Living magazine (Handy Hubby is in construction and renovation)
- 100 Dream House from Down Under (none of them look like our house but we can dream!)
9. Manicure or pedicure?
Pedicure for sure. My toes and feet are screwed after 10 years of ballet so I’ll take anything to help make my feet look less hideous than they already are.
10. Your motto in life?
“Be kind to everyone you meet.” There’s too much negativity in the world so there’s no need to be a douchebag. That or “Life is too short to drink bad wine”. I like to live by both.
Here are my nominees. Like Shannon, I have cheated a little and only nominated five! Please head over to check them out as I think they are fantastic. I hope you find some blogs on my list that you haven’t read before and give them a go!
Thanks again to Shannon at Forty Up for nominating me. I’m always on the lookout for other great blogs to read. Which are your favourites?