Whether you’ve got an aspiring ballerina on your hands or simply a child who loves to twirl, spin and dance, there are so many gorgeous ballet gifts they will adore.
We’re always on the hunt for awesome gifts for kids… and these 21 ballet gifts sure tick all the boxes. From clothes to books, dolls and activities, you are sure to find something for your tiny dancer.
This post includes affiliate links.
1.Belle Ballerina Swan Art Print, from $48.95, Zanui – this elegant print is available in both A2 and A3 size, printed on 210 gsm archival cotton rag paper. It is a sophisticated design that will suit ant contemporary home.
2. Oobi Nova Skirt Seaweed, $59.95, Oobi – every ballerina needs a tutu and this Oobi beauty is a stunner. The tulle is super soft and oh so twirly. And the colour is divine! We love this tutu because it isn’t your standard pink and pretty number but something completely unique.
3. Bella Ballerina Cushion, $29.95, Zanui – this ballerina cushion is the sweetest ballet gift! The fabric is durable… and also machine washable so it will stand the test of time. This is the perfect whimsical finish for a ballerina’s bedroom.
4. Dogs Don’t Do Ballet, $14.99, Booktopia – dogs don’t do ballet… or do they? This book is about Biff. He’s not like the other dogs… he’s a ballerina! He loves moonlight and music and walking on his tiptoes. Biff’s is a hilarious and engaging story.
5. Lottie Ballet Class Doll, $29.99, Toy Universe – Lottie is ready for ballet class, complete with pink tutu, leg warmers, ballet shoes and silver headband. She can tag along during practice, do warm-ups and dance steps such as the pirouette with her bendable knees.
6. Tiger Tribe Ballet Colouring Set, $19.95, Lime Tree Kids – this is portable, no mess, no fuss, ballet play. This little set is packed with activities, coloured markers and stickers for ballet fun on the run.
7. Ballerina Pointe Wall Art, from $38.95, Zanui – this print is printed in Australia on 250gsm paper or polyester canvas – the choice is yours. It comes ready to frame or hang to brighten up any room with a little ballerina style.
8. Alimrose Gold Spot Big Ballerina Doll, $64.95, Lime Tree Kids – isn’t she gorgeous! This ballet beauty is 50cm tall and made from super soft fabric. Her gold ballet shoes and tutu finish her adorable gold spotty look.
9. Little First Stickers Ballet, $14.25, Booktopia – this book is ideal for keeping ballet-lovers entertained at weekends, on journeys, or in the holidays. It includes sparkly stickers to create scenes from the world of ballet – the glamour, the hard work, the fun and the excitement.
10. Jellycat Dancing Darcey Ballerina Unicorn, $39.99, Yellow Octopus – Darcey is an official Jellycat toy… and a ballerina to boot! She sits up by herself with her metallic pink horn and frilly tutu – she is adorable and cuddly and the perfect ballet gift.
11. Ballet Go Go Backpack, $31.95, Zanui – this Stephen Joseph backpack is fabulous! The bag has adjustable straps and an internal zipper pocket. It’s made from high-quality PVC vinyl so is durable and easy to clean, perfect for ballet class, school or trips to the park.
12. My First Ballet Book: The Sleeping Beauty, $17.99, Booktopia – this book might be designed for babies, but we love the Jennifer Adams’ books for all ages. The beautifully illustrated book retells the classic story of The Sleeping Beauty and introduces little ones to the beautiful art of ballet.
13. Ballet School Sticker Book, $12.99, Booktopia – this book is packed with 350 reusable stickers with eight dance-packed pages, ready to be decorated with dancers, costumes, stage props and more. Throughout the book you’ll find ballet trivia bites, fun things to find and count plus a treasure hunt at the end.
14. Barbie Signature Ballet Wishes Collector Doll, $49.99, Toy Universe – is there anything Barbie can’t do? This collector Barbie doll wears a tutu skirt a scallop-cut overlay and a layered tulle, a floral satin bodice with a floral design, pointe shoes and a tiara – of course!
15. Djeco The Ballerina’s Song Music Box, $44.95, Lime Tree Kids – this is the perfect jewellery box for any little ballerina to store their trinkets and treasures. The little spinning ballerina inside is accompanied by “Invitation To The Dance” by Carl Maria von Weber.
16. Fancy Nancy and the Mermaid Ballet, $14.99, Booktopia – in this book from the Fancy Nancy series, Fancy Nancy and her best friend Bree are excited about the upcoming dance show. It’s full of the drama you expect from Fancy Nancy, with a ballet twist.
17. Ballerina Doona Bed Cover Set, $149.99, Yellow Octopus – don’t you wish you had this doona cover when you were a kid? The image on the doona is based on a photograph of a real ballerina from the Dutch National Ballet. Any little ballerina will be dancing in her sleep with this on her bed!
18. Ballet Print Art, from $58.95, Zanui – wall prints make great gifts for kids and this little ballerina bear is adorable! The poster is A2 size and you have the option to purchase just the print or to buy it framed. This print is more suitable for younger ballet fans or baby nurseries.
19. Head Over Heels Ballet Dress Girls Costume, $73.99, CostumeBox – this gorgeous ballerina costume comes in three sizes – smal (2-4), medium (4-6) and large (6-8). It’s a little bit extra and we’re all for it. Note that the wand and tiara aren’t included so you will need to add your own accessories to complete the gift.
20. My First Ballet: First Music Book, $36.75, Booktopia – this book includes story summaries, gorgeous illustrations and music (through sound buttons) to give even the smallest dancer a deep appreciation of ballet. Inside you will find eight ballets including Swan Lake, Giselle, Nutcracker and Coppelia.
21. Ballet Stories for Little Children, $24.99, Booktopia – this book is a beautiful way to introduce kids to some of the best-loved ballets including The Nutcracker and Swan Lake. Each story is accompanied by beautiful illustrations to enchant budding ballerinas.