After everything that has happened in 2020, it seems even more appropriate than ever that we celebrate the countdown to the Christmas… and the start of a new year.
If you want something different to the standard chocolate options available at the supermarket, in this post you’ll find 15 fun and quirky Advent calendars for kids. From DIY options to toys, books and craft.
If you’re looking for Christmas gift ideas, you’ve come to the right place! We’ve got gift ideas for babies, kids, mum, dad and more!
This post includes affiliate links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Crayola Christmas Advent calendar, Amazon – all the crafty goodness! Behind each window in this Advent calendar you will find a Crayola product with a themed Christmas activity. Suitable for kids 4+.
2. BIC stationery Advent calendar, Amazon – who wouldn’t love a stationery Advent calendar? It includes felt pens, colouring pencils, crayons, erasers, stickers and 24 colouring cards. So. Much. Fun.
3. The sharing kindness Advent calendar, $28.95, hardtofind.com.au – this is such a beautiful Advent calendar for kids to get them into the spirit of giving and kindness. Inside you’ll find 25 easy acts of kindness plus stickers and more.
4. Personalised gratitude advent calendars for kids, $63, hardtofind.com.au – in the busyness of Christmas, we love that this calendar gives kids the space to step back and think about what they are grateful for. It can be personalised and comes with a dry wipe pen.
5. Advent calendar gift box, Amazon – if you are after a DIY option that you can add your own little gifts/chocolates/messages this is a great option, all tucked neatly into a box. You could do a daily treasure hunt or leave a daily joke to bring your own fun!
6. Mr Men Little Miss Advent Calendar, $41.95, Booktopia – 24 Mr Men and Little Miss books, many with a Christmas theme, one to read each day in the lead up to Christmas. The beauty of this one is you will have the books to read over and over again.
7. Marvel pocket pop Advent calendar, Amazon – if you have a Marvel fan, this is the perfect Advent calendar for them. Inside the window box there are 24 Pocket Pop! Marvel characters.
8. Personalised Advent jar, $81.99, hardtofind.com.au – for those short on space or looking for something a bit different, this is a beautiful idea. It can be personalised and comes with 24 cards to note the reasons the recipient has been good this year. Or you could put your own spin on it and come up with another wonderful way to use the Advent jar.
9. Frozen storybook collection Advent calendar, $39.99, Booktopia – another book advent calendar for kids who love Frozen. Books always make a great gift for any ocassion!
10. Ooshies XL Toy Story Advent calendar, Amazon – this Advent calendar only counts down the 12 days to Christmas but with the Ooshies craze this year, it’s sure to be a hit!
11. LEGO Friends Advent calendar, Amazon – the LEGO Advent calendars are always really good value and this LEGO Friends option looks awesome. There are 236 pieces in total and each day you open a new LEGO Friends toy to build.
12. Personalised Advent soldier nutcracker, $49.99, hardtofind.com.au – this is more of a Christmas countdown than it is an Advent calendar but we love that it can be personalised and doubles as a cute Christmas decoration.
13. Disney storybook collection Advent calendar, $39.99, Booktopia – if we’ve said it once, we’ll say it a hundred times… you can’t go wrong with books as gifts. With this storybook Advent calendar you get a collection of Disney stories to enjoy through December and beyond.
14. Personalised make your own Advent kit, $90, hardtofind.com.au – another countdown calendar rather than a typical Advent calendar but it is really beautiful. It can be personalised with three lines of text and it comes in eight pieces which are easily assembled to add to the fun.
15. The LEGO Christmas Ornaments Book 2, Amazon – this isn’t an Advent calendar at all but we couldn’t go past it as a DIY Advent option. In the book you’ll find 16 different Christmas ornament designs all made using LEGO. The instructions include which bricks you need so you can either pull the bricks from your existing collection or buy the pieces and put together your own kit.